Hi, my name is Guidione Machava, but you can call me Guid 🙂
I am primarily a Designer and everything else I do is to get better at my craft. I have worked across various industries and sectors, bringing early ideas and concepts to life for scrappy startups, World Bank, Coca-cola, Pfizer and tech unicorns like Shopify. I hold a degree in Economics from St. Thomas University in Mozambique and a not concluded Honours in Interaction Design by Open Window in South Africa.
I am also the author of “Design Sutra”, a collection of design principles for designers in the early stages of their careers and founded the World-class Designer School, the home of the brightest design minds in Africa, supported by companies such as Webflow, Framer, Shopify and others. I hold a degree in Economics from St. Thomas University in Mozambique and a not concluded Honours in Interaction Design by Open Window in South Africa.
I have recently organised the World-class Designer Conference – Africa’s most diverse and inclusive design conference. Speakers include Debbie Millman, Marty Cagan, Randy Hunt and designers from Google, Facebook, Boeing, Visa & 40+ more. In the past, I was named one of the best community builders in Africa by Google (2018).
- Blockchain for Designers – A Weekly newsletter where I share practical insights to get designers into Blockchain.
- Kabum Digital – Mozambique’s biggest tech magazine.
- Baoba Hub – Mozambique-based software design school
- Gomarket – Southern Africa’s biggest business directory
- Akila – Android App that helps you manage telcos’ USSD codes across Africa (Beta). A case study is available here.
- Cool Kids Podcast – Biweekly podcast where I get together with friends and talk about tech, design, entrepreneurship and life
- UX Collective Contributor – 10+ interviews & articles about design
- World-class Design Podcast – a series of interviews with world-class designers. I interview designers from world-leading tech companies such as IDEO, Dropbox, Airbnb, Google, Youtube and others.
- World-class Designer Conference – The World-Class Designer Conference 2021 was a kind 24-hour design event hosted across 3 time zones, 6 continents, 45+ talks, mentoring sessions, and workshops by accomplished designers from major organizations like Adobe, Facebook, Google, Shopify, Visa, and many more.
- World-class Designer School – World-class Designer School is a college-level, tuition-free, design school with a peer-to-peer learning environment.
- Design Sutra – A collection of 40 design principles for designers in the early stages of their careers.
- Demagsign by Design Matters – ´The Future of Design is African
- Kabum Digital – Guidione Machava lança curso de Design de Software
- MozTech . Expo Digital Moçambique, 2021
- Maputo Fast Forward – Entrevista a Guidione Machava, designer e empreendedor
- Kabum Digital – Guidione Machava lança segunda temporada do World Class Designer Podcast
- Creative Tech Week – Art Center, USA
- 360Mozambique – Business Impact of Design
- 360Mozambique – The 300 million dollar-button
- Nairobi Design Week – Guidione Machava – The Makings of a World Class Designer
- Afrika Design – What makes a World Class Designer?
- Design Lab With Bon Ku – EP 28: Creating Future Designers in Africa | Guidione Machava
- Diário Econômico – Colocar Moçambique no Mapa Mundial de Design de Software
- Cell and Pixels – The Future of Design is African with Guidione Machava – Founder, World-Class Designer
- Scale up Africa – Guidione Machava on revolutionizing design with African culture
- LatineX in Power – Decolonizing Design from a Latinx and African perspective
- IXDA Tunis – UX Café #22: the next destination hub for design talent sourcing
- DE Moz Innovation powered by FNB – Guidione Machava
- Mega – Rádio & Televisão, SA – Especial Artisticamente – Lançamento do Livro de Guidione Machava
- Rompendo Fronteiras No Design – Guidione Machava
- Orange Corners Maputo – Design nos Negócios
- UX Craft South Africa – Africa the next destination hub for DESIGN talent sourcing
- Interaction Design Foundation – Educational Partner
- UXCONFBR, Brazil
- TEDx Talks – E se tivéssemos Super Poderes? | Guidione Machava | TEDxMaputo
- Maputo Fastforward – IxDA Maputo organiza encontro sobre design systems
- Conexão Lusofona – Jovem empreendedor moçambicano é semi-finalista do concurso internacional
- GIST TechMMO – Moçambicano nas semi-finais de competição internacional de tecnologia
- Seja Empreendedor – Vamos Todos Votar Pelo Guidone Machava e Pelo Xtique